The Canon Powershot G1 X incorporates a 1.5", 14.3 mega pixel CMOS sensor with Canon's new DIGIC 5 image processor for outstanding lowlight performance. The 1.5" sensor size is 6.3 times bigger than the G12 sensor and nearly approaching the size of a EOS DSLR's APS-C sensor size. Canon Powershot G1X has full range of optional accessories such as Canon WP-DC44 underwater case, LHDC70 lens hood, Canon speedlite, Canon Macrolite(require MLADC1 adaptor) and 58mm filters(require FADC58C adaptor).
Canon Powershot G1 X features:
- The Canon G1X is a 14.3 Mega Pixel CMOS sensor with DIGIC 5 Image Processor creates the Canon HS System for outstanding low light performance up to ISO 12800. Canon DIDIC 5 Image processor increases the processing speed, improved noise reduction to produce clearer images when shooting in low light at high ISO speeds. The Canon DIGIC 5 processor enables you to capture the most natural looking images with reduced noise and improved white balance.
- 1.5 Inch CMOS sensor which is 6.3 times bigger than the Canon Powershot G12 and nearly the size of a EOS DSLR's camera APS-C sensor and built with a similar pixel structure. The larger sensor size will enable more light to be captured, heightened degree of sensitivity , lower noise at higher ISO and allows you to create the intensely beautiful background blur that is the hallmark of DSLR cameras.
- Full automatic and Manual Controls and records in 14 bit RAW + JPEG images. The Powershot G1 X caters for beginner shooter with fully automatic modes and full manual modes for those who want full control. You can record images in 14 bit RAW or JPEG. Recording in 14 bit can express 4 times the amount of brightness variations in colours than 12 bit images can. Just like other Canon EOS cameras, 14 bit offers notably rich detail and smooth graduation in both highlights and shadows and more natural tonal graduation for outstanding image quality.
- Full HD video with stereo sound with a dedicated movie button, zoom while shooting and playback videos on a HD TV via the HDMI output.
- 28mm wide angle with 4x Optical Zoom (35mm equivalent: 28-112mm) with F2.8 aperture.
- Intelligent Image Stabilisation system with 6 different mods to choose from to get blur free photos.
- 3.0" Vari Angle LCD screen so you can shoot in a variety of angles
- High Speed Burst HQ allows for continuous capture at a maximum of 6 shots in a single burst
- Hotshoe for use with compatible Canon Speedlite for additional creative
- Model Dial and Front Dial to provide intuitive manual adjustment
- High Dynamic Range scene mode combines multiple shots into one picture showing greater image detail.
What you get inside the box when you buy the Canon Powershot G1 X:
- Canon Powershot G1 X Digital Camera
- Canon Battery Charger CB-2LC
- Canon Battery NB-10L
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Lens Cap (with strap)
- Neck Strap NS-DC9
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM and user Manual
Canon Powershot G1 X Specifications:
Effective Number of Pixels
Approx. 14.3 MP High Sensitivity CMOS
Size / Filter Array
1.5-inch / Primary colour filter (Bayer)
Focal Length (optical)
15.1 (W) - 60.4 (T) mm
35mm film equivalent
28 (W) - 112 (T) mm
f/2.8 - 16.0 (W) / f/5.8 - 16 (T)
1 - 1/4000 sec. 60 sec. to 1/4000 sec. for Manual and Tv modes.
Optical approx 4x; Digital approx 4x
Optical (Lens Shift Type), approx 4 steps
TTL Autofocus (Single / Continuous), Servo AF (with Servo AE), Manual
Face AiAF, Tracking AF, Center, FlexiZone
Auto Focus, Auto Exposure, White Balance, Flash Exposure, Auto Red-Eye correction, Auto Focus Point Zoom, Face Self Timer4
Other Shooting Functions
Servo AF, i-Contrast, Auto Focus Assist Beam, Auto Focus Lock
Auto: 40cm - infinity (W), 1.3m - infinity (T), Macro: 20 - 70cm (W), 85 - 1.6m (T), Auto: 20cm-infinity (W), 85cm-infinity (T)
Continuous Shooting (Large/Fine)
Approx 1.9 shots/sec; High-speed HQ: 4.5 shots/sec (max. 6 shots per burst); AF Approx 0.7 shots/sec; LV Approx 0.7 shots/sec
Approx. 10 sec or 2 sec delay, custom
Light Metering Method
Evaluative, Center-weighted average, Spot
Exposure Control Method
Program AE, AE Lock available, Manual, Intelligent Contrast Correction, Program Shift, Safety Shift
± 3 stops in 1/3-stop increments (±2 for exposure shift)
Sensitivity (Equivalent Film Speed)
Auto, ISO 100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800
White Balance Modes
Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Underwater, Custom 1, Custom 2
Real-image optical zoom viewfinder with dioptric adjustment (-3.0 - + 1.0m-1 dpt)
3.0 inch LCD monitor Vari-Angle type (Movement approx. 175° horizontal, approx. 270° rotational), wide viewing angle (approx 922k dots) and 100% viewing coverage. Aspect ratio: 4:3. Brightness adjustment: 5 levels.
Auto, on, off, Red Eye Correction, Red Eye Reduction, Slow Synchro, Second Curtain Synchro, FE Lock, Safety FE, Manual Flash Output
Normal: 50 cm - 7.0 m (W) 1 m - 3.1 m (T)
Flash Exposure Compensation
±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
External Flash Support
Canon EX series Speedlites via Hot Shoe
Intelligent Auto (with Scene Detection), P (Program), Tv (Shutter Priority), Av (Aperture Priority), M (Manual), C1, C2, Discreet, Movie, Special Scene (Movie Digest, Portrait, Landscape, Kids & Pets, Sports, Smart Shutter (Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Self-timer), High-speed Burst HQ, Handheld Night Scene, Beach, Underwater, Foliage, Snow, Firework, Stitch Assist), Creative Filters (High-dynamic Range, Nostalgic, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Colour Accent, Colour Swap)
Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red (Not available for RAW images)
EXIF 2.3 (JPEG), RAW (14 bit, CR2 (Canon Original))
Colour Space and Compression
sRGB; Fine, Normal
MOV (Image Data: H.264; Audio Data: Linear PCM (2 channel stereo))
Still Images and Capacity (at Fine Image Setting, 4:3)
Large: 4352 x 3264 (1040), Medium 1: 3072 x 2304 (1978), Medium 2: 1600 x 1200 (6352), Small: 640 x 480 (20116), RAW: 4352 x 3264 (190)
Movie Frame Rate
FULL HD 1920x1080: 24fps (14min 34sec), HD 1280x720: 30fps (20min 43sec), SD 640x480: 30fps (43min 43sec)
Blink Detection, Scroll Playback, Index Playback, Folder Creation, Hints and Tips display, Red-eye Correction, Slideshow, My Category, Index, Resize, Magnified, Focus Check, Advancing and Reversing through magnified images, Jump, Auto Rotate, Histogram, Overexposure Warning, Auto Play
File Operations /, PictBridge
DPOF - Print Order/Image transfer / Yes10
Supported Operating Systems
PC: Windows 7 (including SP1), Windows Vista SP1/SP2, Windows XP SP3; Mac: OS X v10.5 - v10.6
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (mini-B compatible)
Video / Audio Output
PAL or NTSC selectable / Stereo
SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card
Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery NB-10L
Optional Charger/AC Adaptor
CB-2LCE / AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC80 (Compact Power Adaptor CA-PS700, DC Coupler DR-80, Power Cord)
LCD Monitor on 250 shots; LCD Monitor off 700 shots and Playback 7 hours
Dimensions (W x D x H)
116.7 x 80.5 x 64.7 mm (ex. protruding parts)
Approx. 492g (camera body only) / Approx. 534g (incl battery and SD card)
AF frame can be moved and fixed to specified face
If no face is detected and Continuous AF is off, AiAF (9 point) is used. If Continuous AF is on, the center AF frame is enabled.
AF frame size is selectable
When number of detected faces increases, the shutter is released at 2 sec delay. However if no face is detected for 30 seconds or more, the shooting operation will start automatically.
Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face AiAF
Fixed to center / Linked to AF frame
Camera automatically sets the optimal speed according to shooting mode and subject brightness
Camera automatically sets the optimal speed according to shooting mode, subject brightness and subject movement and camera shake. The ISO speed is relatively higher than Auto.
Even if the file size has not reached 4GB, the recording stops when the recording time reaches 1 hour. For lesser capacity memory cards, the recording stops when the card becomes full or reaches 1 hour.
Compatible printer required for direct printing